Wednesday 20 December 2017

"IT’S A DOG, NOT A CAT, A DOG CANNOT BE A CAT!"


Hi people, it’s the holidays! Hopefully it will not be spent gallivanting and stuffing my cheeks, but for more serious introspection on how I’d like to shape 2018. LOL!!! Who am I kidding?!

Anyways, let me gist you guys. Walahi these children are inspired by the Holy Spirit, either that or He just has a wacky sense of humor using our kids who should be learning from us to teach us! I vote the latter! What do YOU think?

So I was having a conversation with my precocious 8 year old over dinner, and he was (yet again, doesn’t he ever give up?!) campaigning for a dog. “Mom just a little one, a Chihuahua, that’s a house dog, and it won’t create a big mess because it’s little!”  I think to myself, you don’t know it’s the little creatures that create the most mess! Instead I respond, “Who is going to train it to know exactly where it’s going to poo and all that? I don’t want my house all stinky!”. “Okay Mom, I will train it, will you provide its own toilet?” “Well not like a real toilet, more like a box with some sand in it, that you can take out and clean out” I respond. Bobo doesn’t even let me finish … “Mom, it’s a Dog not a Cat, You’re describing a litter box, that’s what that is, a dog doesn’t use litter boxes, a dog cannot be a Cat!” My usual fluent self is silent, with no comeback, save to think O K A Y! That’s certainly telling me!

Immediately, my own classroom begins, and good friend that I am, I’m willing to share (Big Grin).
So many times we forget who we are and try to become cats. Maybe because of the economy, we try to bend and adapt our way through to become something we are not. Perhaps it’s our friends, and family, who pressure us with expectations, trying to make us cattish, not so much the dog’s that we truly are. Defining what should or shouldn’t be. Is it society, that relationship, our own insecurities? Whatever the factor, we’ve been made to conform, silence our true identities and blend into the expectations, faithfully ignoring the back pain that has arisen from carrying all that baggage of pressure, expectations, conformities, etc!

Don’t get me wrong, cats are beautiful creatures, with very defining qualities. So what’s wrong you ask? IT’S NOT WHO YOU ARE! Who are you? Yes, YOU?! There’s a place in this world for each and every one of us, with all our quirks and imperfections! You are not defined by your job, position in society, bank account, acts of heroism, family, or status. YOU ARE WHO GOD SAYS YOU ARE! Bask in the certainty that You Are! Are Created, Known and Loved by the Almighty GOD! “…and if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart!” (1st John 3:20)

I return back from my very liberating reprieve, and listen avidly to his chatter! Smiling so beatifically that he stops to compliment, ask, and without waiting for my answer continues on with his chatter.
Discover, Revel, Remain True to the Golden You…


D2AGE

No comments:

Post a Comment